Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dude! I have cancer!

Turns out that weird scar thing on the side of my nose is not a weird scar thing at all - it's basal-cell skin cancer. I finally, finally went to the doctor to get it checked out and he took one look and said, "That's not a scar, that's cancer." Dude!

So they gave me a novocaine shot right there and sliced off a piece of my nose to send to the lab for a biopsy. I was in & out of the Dermatologist's office in 15 minutes flat. In two weeks when it comes back, they'll ship me off to get it removed and patch up my nose with a graft or something.

Damn, y'all. I sure wish I hadn't waited so long to get it checked out; I've had it for YEARS. Lesson learned: when you have a weird scar that keeps bleeding and then healing over, get it checked out. Even if you think it might be just an irritated scar because you blow your nose all the time. Get it checked out anyway.

No comments: