Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Anniversary

Saturday night, Mr Wonderful and I celebrated our one-year anniversary. One year ago, on March 1, he kissed me for the first time. It's been an amazing year - a year of upheaval and major changes, but also the best year of my life. And every night, when I fall asleep next to him, I realize how very, very lucky I am to have had this second chance. Nineteen years ago, when we first met, the timing was all wrong. And I'm so glad that we didn't date back then; I was screwed up, he was screwed up, and we were both way too young to find our "forever" love.

Even ten years ago, the last time we saw each other before spending a decade apart, it was the wrong time.

But a year ago, it was finally the right time. And I'm so glad that everything fell into place. Life isn't always easy, but having Mr Wonderful by my side makes it easier. I'm so blessed to have someone to share the problems of life with, as well as the joys. And I feel so lucky that I've found him now, when I am old enough and experienced enough to realize how lucky I am.

No comments: