Thursday, March 06, 2008

A little frustrated

OK, when I talked to the lady from the dermatologist's office yesterday, she said that someone from the Mohs clinic would call me to set up an appointment for the surgery.

But nobody called.

Instead, I logged on to the Kaiser website yesterday afternoon and found that they had indeed scheduled an appointment with me, without even checking to see if the date/time would be okay (what if I was going to be in London or something that week?), and that appointment is...SEVEN WEEKS in the future. April 23, to be exact. What the fuck? I mean, I'm not going in for a routine pimple extraction here, this is CANCER, y'all. Let's not fuck around with it, mmkay? I just want it over and done with so I can move on with my life.

So I called the Mohs clinic and was all, WTF? And the lady I talked to said, yeah, that's the earliest appointment. Not only that, but the appointment? Is NOT for surgery. It's for a CONSULT with the surgeon. Seriously? What's to consult about? It's not like I have much choice in the matter: I can either get the cancer cut out of my face or I can wait for it to rot my nose off and eat into my brain. THAT sounds like fun, I think I'll go for Option B. Not.

So I can only assume that it will be at least the middle of the summer before I get this damn thing taken care of.

No comments: