Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Father's Day, etc.

Had a nice Father's Day. On Saturday, I cleaned & got some stuff done around the house that I'd been putting off for a while (installing towel ring in bathroom, texturing & painting the place in the stairwell that was patched after the kids accidentally ripped out the handrail). On Sunday, Dad, stepmom & stepsis came over around 1 pm. We ate the yummy guacamole I'd made...in about 10 minutes flat. Then Dad & Rugrat played in the backyard for a bit until Rugrat's dad came over at 3 PM-ish. More playing in backyard, since Babydaddy brought a Bionicle to put together. I went to the store to pick up ice cream & came home to fix the big dinner: pork tenderloin w/brown sugar-chipotle sauce, corn on the cob w/sage butter, green beans w/almonds, and cheese biscuits. For dessert: apple crisp & vanilla ice cream. Yum.

Then Babydaddy & I sat on the couch and polished off another bottle of wine while watching Love Actually, with Rugrat asleep upstairs. All in all: a satisfying day, a productive weekend, and a damn good meal, if I do say so myself. ;-)

No comments: