Tuesday, June 21, 2005

HATE!

I am extremely frustrated. I've wasted nearly a whole day on trying to get FCKeditor to work with ColdFusionMX on Linux RedHat. It's just...not working. I can't get it to work with PHP either. It's really driving me insane.

For one thing, it appears to try to access index.cfm -- which is nowhere in the files. And it's not even referred to in the files, so I just don't get where that crap is coming from.

I tried going back to an earlier version of fckeditor - 1.6 (current is 2.0). But that doesn't appear to work with anything except IE & windows, so that's a complete waste of time.

I'm just very, very frustrated right now. The Wiki for the product has absolutely nothing on CF installation. You'd think it would be simple enough to install - I added the custom tag (we're running CF5 on some servers, so I wanted it to be backwards-compatible). I referenced the module. But nothing happens. Nada. No error, just...blank. I thought maybe it was a problem with iframes, but I can't find anything on that either.

Grrr....

No comments: