Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Let me count the ways

Sometimes it's hard to think of what to post. Not because I have nothing to say, but because I keep wanting to say the same things over and over. I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love. I'm sure it gets tedious to read after a while.

But the little things are what get me. Those little things Mr Wonderful (D) does that make me swoon, that make my heart beat just a little faster. Like when he asked me to leave my shampoo at his house last night, so I don't have to bring it next time. Or the way he sprays my pillow with his cologne before he leaves for work, so that it will smell like him when I snuggle up to it on those nights when we can't be together. The way he calls me five minutes after we leave each other, just to tell me he loves me. Or the text message he sent me the other day, when I was meeting with a prospective client, to give me a boost of confidence: "Hey u smile they cant say no 2 u." The way he's always fully present, not thinking of something else when we're together. The way he holds me, the strength and passion and caring that somehow gets transmitted from his arms straight to my heart. When he brings me flowers for no reason. The way he raves about my cooking. The way he tells me how hot I look in my glasses, or when I'm geeking out on the computer. The way we divvy up the chores we'll each do when we end up living together. (Him: "I'll be in charge of the yard." Me: "I'll take care of the cooking.") The way he tells me that he doesn't ever want anyone else; this is it for him. OK, I guess that's not a little thing. That's a big thing, a HUGE thing, actually.

I don't think I've ever had a relationship that felt so effortless before. It just feels like we are on the same path, in the same place, going in the same direction. I have no anxiety about how he feels about me: I know how he feels. He is so open and direct; there's no walls there. It's incredible, really. And I can't seem to stop talking about it, like I'm the first person in the world to ever fall in love.

No comments: