Thursday, March 22, 2007

Holy Mary Mother of God

I finally figured out what was dragging my computer down. I've been having horrible problems with my computer in the last couple of months. Things have just gotten slower and slower until finally I was waiting actual MINUTES for my computer to respond to stuff, especially on Firefox. Today I realized (lightbulb moment!) that it wasn't happening with IE. Just with Firefox. So I went into the Mozilla forums, and lo and behold, what do I find but a bunch of threads talking about how Panda (anti-virus software) is conflicting with Firefox. It seems that Panda kept thinking that the web pages were throwing out spyware, and so it was slowing down my computer to a crawl. No, not a crawl. it was worse than a crawl. It was slowing my computer down to almost a full fucking stop. So, that's it. No more Panda for me. I finally uninstalled it and installed the free AVG anti-virus software, and my computer is like brand-new. There may be a hiccup or two but NOTHING like I was dealing with for the past few weeks. And it's probably only slightly slow now because I am running the scan - and yet I'm still able to work and get decent response times while the AVG is scanning my entire computer.

Speaking of irritations, I got my first bikini wax yesterday. Preparing for the coming weekend that will consist of mass quantities of sex, I hope. And actually, the bikini wax wasn't bad AT ALL. I'm thinking about getting a Brazilian next time, because this was really nothing.

Much more irritating is the damn cough that is still hanging on for dear life. I finally went to the doctor this morning because I just cannot take it anymore. He hooked me up with an albuterol inhaler (which doesn't seem to really do much of anything for me, thanks) and cough syrup with codeine. I took a shot at about 11:30 this morning, and to be honest, I'm not feeling much decrease in the coughing, but at least I'm high as a kite and I don't care. Heh.

Tuesday night I went out to visit D. We went to a new Vietnamese restaurant in town, a little hole in the wall place in Springtown, and it was FANTASTIC. Really excellent food, especially the curry chicken soup (which I tried to sort of duplicate last night with the Thai red curry paste; it turned out pretty good!). Then we went back to his place to drop off the leftovers. I met his roommate, who seems like a pretty cool guy. Apparently he remembered me from high school; he was a year behind me at LHS. I had absolutely no clue who he was. Heh. Then D and I drove out Patterson Pass and "parked" - how high school is that? Totally made out in the car for an hour or so. It was awesome, but we were both so goddamn horny afterwards, it's not even funny. We'd made a pact to refrain from...um...releasing our passion...until our big night on Friday, but we decided to take a night off from the celibacy pact because it was just too hard. No pun intended. ;-) So anyway...tomorrow night! In fact, he'll be here in 26.5 hours. And it will be fabulous.

No comments: