Monday, April 30, 2007

Good news/bad news

Good news: I called AAA today and my car insurance is only going up $30 a year!

Bad news: I am still a snot factory and I'm getting really freaking tired of being sick.

Good news: I'm not pregnant! (Unless of course you are my mother, in which case this falls under the "bad news" category, because lord knows, she'd love to see me get knocked up again. Which I honestly cannot understand, considering the fact that I had an awful pregnancy & delivery, and am not exactly "earth mother" with the one child I do have. His ADD drives me completely fucking insane at times, and I frequently lose my patience and my temper with him.)

Bad news: I've got cramps.

Good news: D met Rugrat yesterday! We surprised D with some homemade chocolate chip cookies (his favorite) as a "sorry you broke your toe" present. I was a little worried about just springing it on him like that, but I figured we'd just stay for a few minutes and keep it really casual, because I knew D had things to do. However, D's plans sort of fell through, so we ended up spending a while at the park together. Anyway, they got along well despite the fact that Rugrat was in rare form, hollering at the top of his lungs and just generally completely on edge. He claimed to like D very much though, so I'm not sure what all that was about. But it has been like 5 or 6 years since I last introduced Rugrat to a boyfriend; maybe it was just strange for him.

Bad news: The "get it all over with at once" party isn't happening this weekend. D's friend Dave, who is one of my Myspace buddies now, is having a birthday party this weekend. D & I and D's daughter were all going to go together, which would have tackled a couple of issues at once: 1) I'd meet D's daughter and 2) D & I would "come out" to his extended group of friends. Well, the extended group of friends consists mainly of a whole lot of people I haven't seen for 10 or 15 years, including my ex-husband and my ex-best friend. The ex-best friend was once D's girlfriend, and is now married to MY ex-husband, and they have two kids together. So I was fully expecting this to be much like a Jerry Springer episode (but hopefully with less cursing and fewer flying chairs). Except that now, it turns out that D has a prior engagement at his sister's house this coming weekend, and will not be attending the birthday party. Which means that 1) I'm not meeting his daughter this weekend and 2) I'm not getting this incredibly uncomfortable meeting-with-the-exes over with any time soon.

Good news: I see D tomorrow night!

Bad news: I miss him so much and wish I could see him RIGHT NOW.

Good news: D's schedule is fantastic for us this week. He has an early schedule tomorrow, so he'll be off early and at my house around the time that I am finishing work. On Wednesday, he doesn't have to be to work until 2:45 PM, so we can sleep in together and have a lazy morning.

And that seems like a really good note to finish up on. :)

No comments: