Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I have lost my everlovin' mind

The roosters woke me up at 6:30 this morning and I put on my robe and slippers and stomped next door and banged on their door for about ten minutes. Even though there are two trucks in front of their house, nobody answered the door. I don't know if they just don't answer their door, or if there really was nobody home. So I came back and called Animal Control, but the phone line doesn't even open until 8 AM. So I called the police non-emergency line. And I completely lost it. Started sobbing and freaking the fuck out and the dispatcher said they could send out a policeman to talk to the people but that the police couldn't cite them or anything because it's under the jurisdiction of Animal Control. Then she hung up. And I thought they were going to actually SEND A POLICEMAN OUT, so I called back so they'd know where to go, and the supervisor answered. She said, no, they WOULDN'T send anyone out, because there's really nothing they can do, and of course I lost it again. She just kept telling me to call Animal Control when the phone lines opened at 8 AM.

So then I called my dad, and begged him to come out and bring his rifle and shoot the goddamn roosters. And I started sobbing again, and told him that I quit smoking, and he's all "Ooooohhhhh, so THAT's what this is all about." And he talked me down from the ledge a little bit.

I finally made Rugrat's lunch and took him to school and then I started putting away clean laundry and changing the sheets on my bed. D called while I was in the middle of this, and thank God for him. He always knows how to make me laugh. I warned him that I am completely insane today, and told him what happened this morning and he laughed and joked me out of my funk.

So then I came back downstairs and called Animal Control again, since it was after 8. Joy! They sent out a letter yesterday to the neighbors, and they should get it today or tomorrow. Thank GOD.

So, I took a shot & a half of codeine cough syrup, and started watching Prison Break online. The helpful folks at DeltaPOST reminded me that it's available free, uncut & without commercials, online. Duh. I knew that. So my little temper tantrum last night was all for nothing.

No comments: