Monday, May 07, 2007

Weekend roundup

I was quite productive this weekend! I seem to be unable to sleep in until 10 AM anymore, which sucks on the one hand, but on the other...well, I'm getting a lot done.

Friday night Babydaddy and Rugrat and I all went to see Spider-man 3. On opening night. Of course. It was pretty crowded but we got there early and waited in line, so we got fantastic seats. And the crowd was pretty rowdy - you should have heard them going totally batshit over the previews (for Harry Potter 5, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, etc.). And during the movie people kept laughing in strange and inappropriate places. Not that it much mattered, we loved the movie anyway. Venom was particularly creepy, with his Jaws-like teeth and the weird casting choice of Eric Foreman (from That 70's Show, AKA Topher Grace IRL). I mean, who could take him seriously as an evil villain? But he did a fantastic job and was insanely freaky.

Saturday I ran some errands and got a pedicure, and then in the evening I drove out to Livermore, where I met up with an old friend from high school who's visiting from Alaska. We went out and had a couple beers at some dive bar where people were singing karaoke - badly - and then I came home and stayed up late watching TV. (And how cute was D when he was acting all mildly jealous about my "date" with this guy? The answer: very, very cute indeed.)

Sunday I got up at about 8 and got busy. I went to Home Depot for car wash supplies, and came back and went totally Armageddon on the backyard. I busted out the weed whacker and chopped down the entire mess back there, the five-foot-tall weeds covering 95% of my back "yard" (lawn? not so much), and then pulled weeds in about half of the raised beds (damn, I am SORE today). Then I washed my car, and got all anal-retentive with the microfiber cloth, drying the whole thing off. And finally, I took my clean car to the grocery store, picking up ingredients for guacamole, pico de gallo, and chicken tacos. (I'll post my guacamole recipe over at Table For Two.)

D came over around 8, and we had a lovely evening together, snuggling on the couch and...stuff. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks. :) He told his daughter about me this weekend, while they were driving up to his sister's house. She heard about Rugrat and immediately had the same reaction he did when he heard about her: "So I kind of have a brother then?" Damn, kids, slow down a bit, wouldja? You don't have to marry us off just yet. But...I totally want to spend the rest of my life waking up next to this man. It just feels so right with him. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely planning on taking my time with this. We will not be rushing into anything permanent. I haven't even met his daughter yet! (Although that will be remedied in about two weeks, when we go to the Scottish Games.) And the kids haven't met each other. And we've only been dating for a couple of months. So, no, I'm not ready to walk down the aisle or anything. But I sure do like spending time with him, and waking up in his arms, and talking to him on the phone three or four or five times a day. I like cooking for him. I like making him smile. I like snuggling with him, curling up against him in the middle of the night and feeling him wrap his strong arms around me. I even like getting up early with him (I know!!) to send him off to work with a kiss and a tupperware container full of leftovers. And I really like the person I am becoming, because I am happy and relaxed and healthy. I've waited a long time for this, to feel this way again. And boy, it was worth the wait.